SERMORELIN: An Alternative to Human Growth Hormone (hGH)
Growth hormone is produced by the pituitary gland, a pea-sized structure at the base of the brain, which helps to fuel childhood growth and helps to maintain tissues and organs throughout life. Beginning in middle age, however, the pituitary gland slowly reduces the amount of growth hormone it produces. This natural slowdown has prompted an interest in the use of synthetic human growth hormone to stave off the realities of aging.
Reports of healthy adults taking human growth hormone demonstrate that human growth hormone injections can maintain and improve muscle mass, improve skin texture, and reduce the amount of body fat in healthy older adults.
Human growth hormone produced by recombinant gene technology has been used extensively for anti-aging therapy during the past decade. Although effective in restoring certain youthful characteristics in aging subjects, hGH has certain medical and legal issues that sometimes restrict practitioners’ use of the product. The major problems with hGH include:
• Improper dosing can lead to side effects that may be serious in some patients.
• An eventual decreased response to administered doses and reduced efficacy.
• The Code of Federal Regulations restricts the use of hGH in adults except for treatment of AIDS or human growth hormone deficiency diagnosed according to specifically published guidelines.
Based upon these potential problems with hGH, an alternative product that overcomes the medical and legal issues would be of significant value to anti-aging practitioners and to those patients seeking to maintain their youth and vitality as they age. The only such product currently available commercially is a structural analog of human growth hormone releasing hormone called growth hormone releasing factor (GRF) or SERMORELIN.
Unlike recombinant hGH, which stimulates production of the bioactive hormone IGF-1 from the liver, SERMORELIN simulates the patient’s own pituitary gland by binding to specific receptors that increase production and secretion of endogenous hGH. Because SERMORELIN increases endogenous hGH by stimulating the pituitary gland it has certain advantages over hGH that include:
• Its effects are regulated at the level of the pituitary gland by negative feedback and by release of somatostatin so that the side effects of too much hGH are difficult if not impossible to achieve.
• Sermorelin stimulates your own pituitary gland to make more hGH. Your pituitary gland is only going to produce what it can and no more.
• Tissue exposure to hGH released by the pituitary under the influence of SERMORELIN is episodic not “square wave” preventing a decreased response to administered doses by mimicking normal physiology.
• By stimulating the pituitary it preserves more of the growth hormone neuroendocrine axis that is the first to fail during aging.
Pituitary recrudescence (renewed activity) resulting from Sermorelin blocks the cascade of hypophyseal hormone failure that occurs during aging thereby preserving not only youthful anatomy but also youthful physiology. Sermorelin provides the patient with all the benefits and more of hGH replacement therapy.
Benefits of Sermorelin Therapy
- Higher Energy Levels
- Improved sex drive
- Reduction of abdominal fat
- Improved skin elasticity
- Decreased wrinkles
- Increased endurance
- Accelerated wound healing
- Increased IGF-1 production
- Improved sleep
- Reports of improved eyesight
- Increased protein synthesis
- Increased mineralization of bone and bone density
If you would like to know more about Sermorelin, feel free to contact the Institute or call me personally.
All the Best in Health and Wellness,