Telomere Shortening: The Body’s Cellular Aging Clock
What are telomeres? Think of them as protective caps on the end of your chromosomes. Over time, repeated cellular replication results in shortening of the telomere end caps. Eventually, this leaves the genetic DNA on the chromosomes vulnerable to damage and mutations. In response to telomere shortening, cells are programmed to either naturally self-destruct or they no longer replicate. Without continual cell replication these stagnant cells no longer function properly and excrete inflammatory cytokines that damage other cells and tissue.
By activating an enzyme called telomerase, TA-65® can help slow down and possibly reverse age- and lifestyle-related telomere shortening. TA-65® is a patented, all natural, plant-based compound which can help maintain or rebuild telomeres, that diminish as people get older.
The graphs below show how cells that normally die, or stop replicating can indefinately replicate using TA-65®. It is through healthy cell replication that we stave off aging and prevent many age-related diseases.
TA-65 ® makes the following claims which have been backed up by clinical research:
1) TA-65® lengthens the shortest telomeres, those that are most likely to put a cell into
2) TA -65® improves immune function by lowering the absolute amount and ratio of
senescent white blood cells
3) TA-65® improves bone mass after only one year
Because TA-65® is a nutritional supplement and not an FDA approved drug, TA Sciences may not make any claims for disease treatment, diagnosis, or mitigation via its mechanism on telomere length or any other mechanism.
However the science supports that there is broad potential for tissue system regeneration. Below is a partial list of tissues that are expected to benefit from telomerase activation:
- Immune cells – memory and naïve
- Hematopoietic stem cells
- Lung alveolar cells
- Skin – dermis, epidermis, vasculature
- Vascular intima (endothelium)
- Osteoblasts, MSCs
- GI track epithelial cells
- Liver – hepatocytes
- Retinal pigmented tissue of eye
- Skeletal muscle
- Kidney – cortex
- Cardiomyocytes – especially the cells of the coronary arteries that support cardiac cells
- Neural cells – especially the microglia that support neural cells
Dr. Rob now offers TA-65® at The Alpha Male Medical Institute.
TA-65® is only available through a licensed physician. If you would like to learn more about TA-65® and how it can help you live a longer and more vibrant life, contact Dr. Rob today!
All the Best in Health and Wellness,